Eating Disorder – Treatment for Binge Eating
Clinical Hypnotherapy is Your Best Choice
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you may be suffering from a condition known as Binge Eating Disorder. This issue resolves efficiently and cost-effectively with clinical hypnotherapy designed to dissolve the root cause of this behavior.
- Do you eat very large amounts of food in a short period of time to the point of nausea and extreme physical discomfort even when you are not hungry?
- Do your episodes of binge eating tend to be provoked by feelings of intense stress and/or anxiety?
- Do you feel out-of-control when binge eating?
- Do you binge at least twice per month?
- Do you worry about your body image, weight or shape?
- Do you find yourself worrying about binge eating, even when not provoked to eat?
- Although you have eaten very large amounts of food in a short period of time, are you free of a need to purge after eating?
- Does your bingeing tend to be accompanied by cycles of dieting?
- Does feeling bored or depressed provoke a binge?
- Do you often feel disgusted, depressed/sad, ashamed or guilty after binge eating?
- Do you tend to eat your food far more quickly during periods of bingeing than during normal eating periods?
- Do you have negative feelings about food?
If you have answered YES to most of these questions or to all, you are likely struggling with a binge eating disorder issue.
Binge eating is part of a cluster of symptoms that includes self-sabotage, emotional eating and anxiety. Often times there are elements of guilt, shame, persistent sadness and negative body image.
More often then not, binge eating disorders are accompanied by one or more health issues, commonly referred to as mental illnesses: anxiety, major depression, bipolar disorder, and substance abuse. It is not uncommon that a binge eater also suffers irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), obesity and fibromyalgia. There is no scientific proof that any of these disorders exist, despite the intense suffering they may cause, which further supports my belief that normal reactions to stressors are not brain disorders or mental illnesses, but rather, emotional reactions that can and are resolvable with medical hypnotherapy.
Binge eating disorders are habits grounded in deep feelings of being unsafe and fueled by stress…the more stressed a person feels, the more likely they will be to self-sabotage their otherwise good eating habits. This issue affects even those on health food and with well-balanced lifestyles. It is never a matter of willpower; it is a matter of the feelings of anxiousness becoming so severe they force a person to quell those feelings in the best way they know how…in the case of binge eaters, by eating to excess.
Perhaps you have seen a psychologist for treatment for binge eating, or sought counseling or stress management support groups, all to no avail. While psychologists are still trying to find a treatment for this issue, GracePlace Wellness, located in Ottawa and Belleville, Ontario has experienced a great deal of success in helping clients resolve eating disorders and over-eating issues permanently, safely, without drugs and without long-talk therapy simply by addressing the psycho-spiritual disharmony.
Grace Joubarne’s medical hypnotherapy is your best choice when seeking therapy for eating disorders because it provides not only a permanent resolution of the root emotional issues that cause loss of control, but also provides a dignified, efficient and effective stress management technique. All that is required is that the client is fully willing to heal themselves.
While counselors and psychologists often attempt to resolve one ‘symptom’ at a time, our hypnotherapy program provides a therapy for binge eating disorders that also resolve all other stress-related issues because we resolve the root issues. Once a person’s natural state is one of peacefulness and calmness, especially when dealing with life’s stressors, all old coping mechanisms, including the habit of gorging on food, are no longer needed.
Regression hypnotherapy treatments with a clinical hypnotherapist trained and skilled in medical hypnotherapy techniques can allow you to dissolve the unwanted anxiety that causes a binge eater to lose control. I am happy to assist binge eaters in either my Ottawa office or my Belleville, Ontario office.