5 reasons why Hypnotherapy can be more effective
than conventional treatment for Depression
The dismal failure rate of conventional psychiatric drugs and psychological treatments used in depression clinics are testament to the fact that until and unless one resolves the underlying emotional root issues driving the distress, nothing can change or change permanently.
Here are 5 reasons why in a comparison of hypnotherapy treatment of depression vs depression clinic treatment, hypnotherapy can win hands down:
- Conventional depression clinics will utilize medical and cognitive approaches that do not focus on the psycho-spiritual drivers of emotional issues, nor on the role diet, medications, poverty, misogyny and neglect play in exacerbating depressive feelings.
- As documented since 1970, drug therapy for depression used at depression clinics is not only useless, but brain-disabling in the long term, causing catastrophic health issues such as dementia and behavioral problems such as suicide and homicide. Anti-depressants have been shown to be significantly addictive as well, almost certain to worsen outcomes in people of all ages
- American Health Magazine (1969) reported the following findings from a study by Alfred A. Barrios, PhD. An updated study “Hypnotherapy: A Reappraisal” by Alfred A. Barrios, Ph.D. published in Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice (Spring, 1970) clearly points out – Hypnosis is more effective and works more quickly than traditional talk-therapy or psychoanalysis. The author looked at 1,018 studies dealing with hypnosis in three years (1966 through 1968), approximately forty per cent of which dealt with its use in therapy, including 3 large scale studies. In the same period we find 899 articles on psychoanalytic therapy and 355 on behavior therapy. http://www.stresscards.com/esspsychotherapy.htm
- Psychoanalysis = 38% recovery after 600 sessions
- Behaviour Therapy = 73% recovery after 22 sessions
- Hypnosis = 93% recovery after 3-6 sessions.
Negative emotional feelings are natural and normal and understanding this is crucial for recovery. There is considerable research showing that a psychiatric diagnosis (as found in depression clinics) has adverse effects on a person’s ability to recover from depression. Worse diagnoses, which are nothing more than opinions with no scientific backing whatever, result in a person coming to believe they are somehow flawed. What is worse, psychiatric drugs are misleading presented as ‘treatment’ and safe, when in fact they are deadly, worsen all outcomes and are addictive.
Experiencing one or more of the hundreds of uncomfortable feelings at least once in our lifetimes, including sadness, grief, overwhelment, shame and so on, is an absolutely normal reaction to an abnormal event. Studies have shown, as highlighted in Dr. Peter Breggin’s book, Medication Madness, that depression is often a temporary experience, unless there is unhelpful intervention. We have all heard of the person who sought assistance with unresolved grief over the loss of a loved one, a job or relationship, only to find themselves a few months and years later with the diagnosis of ‘mentally ill’ and on a cocktail of prescribed drugs that reduced their lives to states of drug-induced stupor and endless sessions of talk-therapy.
Hypnotherapy is safe, drug-free, diagnosis-free, dignified and cost effective and should be the treatment of choice for all mental illness and spiritual unwellness. GracePlace Wellness, Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist specializes in the hypnotherapeutic treatment of depression and additionally, can provide the resources for a safe weaning from psychiatric medications.